Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Customer Service - Step 1

On more than one occasion recently, I have found myself on the other end of poor customer service, suddenly it seems we have reverted back to a time when only a few practiced creating good relationships with those who "pay" their wages. 


I am not an expert by any means, but doesn't it start right away, when you enter or meet someone?

A simple smile or acknowledgment will start things off on the right foot, is it really that difficult? The old adage it takes more muscles to frown than smile is true. 


Spare me the company script, that you spit out lacking real emotion without any eye contact what so ever. Give me something to work with....anything will do, just show some spirit, a pulse if you will, I promise your management won't mind, that might even take your cue.


If you are going away for 10 minutes, let me know & by all means make me feel special those precious seconds you are going to spend with me, again a smile maybe & be right back, simple. 


Offer a suggestion, take note of something personal, show me you care about something besides the next text or facebook post.


Not asking to start a long term relationship, just make me feel comfortable and welcome....really, you can do it and it's simple. 


SMILE ;) and say something, anything will do, while making eye contact....the rest will fall into place, I promise! 


One that got it right & I spent a small fortune(but, they made me feel good about it), Pinnacle Eye Associates in McKinney.



4 comments:

  1. Your post have the information that is help full and very informative.
    Alluria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re changing into quite an “Blogging Queen” congrats, nice list a number of those blogs I actually have nevertheless to go to. Orthodontist Lafayette

    ReplyDelete
  3. If rival use comment spam to harm others ? a way to solve this? Alcohol Swab

    Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Lightweight Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete